Quality & Improvement Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Quality & Improvement Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Ensures competency of Clinical Documentation Specialist staff by conducting ongoing reviews and skills assessments; provides action plans and timely constructive feedback, as needed, to enhance staff development; leads hiring, training, and performance management processes for all CDI staff and empowers employees to complete tasks by providing information and support.
1) Partners closely with Senior Business Analyst and CDI director to gather, review and develop action plans on CDI-related reports and initiatives
2) Develop and monitor internal key indicator metrics associated with CDI as it related to the revenue cycle and quality outcomes. Maintain goals related to CDI goals. Proactively review clinical documentation. Assures evidence-based practices by creating an environment that encourages the use of research and vision in developing and improving operational processes.
3) Assists in the development of policies and procedures for the Clinical Documentation
4) Is a direct contact for Physician champions
5) Serves as CDI department liaison, along with CDI director, for physician and administrative meetings
6) Collaborates with the Coding, Denials, and Appeals Department in response to documentation denials/appeals on audited claims, documentation initiatives, query policies, and physician and staff education.
7) Maintains time and attendance logs, approves PTO, orders supplies, and troubleshoots technical issues as needed
8) Actively participates and makes suggestions and recommendations for opportunities to retool and enhance system operations and data management processes.
9) Responsible for key initiatives such as Physician education by coordinating and directing the CDI educators in material design and development, analysis, and delivery
10) Evaluates staff performance. Initiates recommendations for changes in classification, salary action, promotion, demotion, transfer, and termination. Collaborate with Human Resources to settle employee problems and administer appropriate disciplinary action. Interviews selects, and hires personnel.
Minimally Required Experience:
5 years in an acute care setting; If Physician trained experience, RN will not be required. Previous leadership in a healthcare setting
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years in acute care work setting
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required), Bachelor of Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.