Monitor Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Monitor Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
***SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
We are looking for a Cardiac Monitor Technician/Patient Care Technician to join our Med/Surg/Tele team at Baystate Franklin!
Up to $3,000 sign on bonuses! (external applicants)
Resume required with application
- 24 hours, Third Shift, 3pm to 1130pm
- Every other weekend & rotating holidays
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Dual position that is expected to function in PCT or Monitor Tech role depending on unit needs. If assigned to the Monitor Tech role will have no other responsibilities except those explained below in requirements 1-3 and 8-10.
Responsibilities include direct patient care; assisting with activities of daily living; working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to meet patient needs. In the Monitor Tech role the responsibilities include initiating and discontinuing the monitor equipment upon admission, discharge, and transfer; high-level surveillance of cardiac monitors; analyzing of rhythms and notification of changes to RN; placement of rhythm strips in patient's medical record.
Must demonstrate the organizations operating principles of communication, respect, integrity, trust, & collaboration.
1) Initiates and discontinues monitor equipment on admission, discharge, and transfer. Assigns monitor to patient upon admission and enters patients information into telemetry system. Maintains log of location of all monitors each shift. Cleans monitors when discontinued. Discontinues patient in the system when telemetry is discontinued.
2) High level surveillance of cardiac monitors. Monitors all telemetry patient's rhythms on inpatient units. Individualizes patient alarms and ensures all alarms are active. Analyzes rhythms and reports changes immediately to the RN. Prints patient strips, documents rhythm on print out and places strip in patient's chart.
3) Must have successfully completed Baystate Health's dysrhythmia course prior to completion of orientation. Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers.
4) Maintains patient safety as number one priority. Promptly responds to all patient call bells and fall alarms. Ensures appropriate interventions are in place to prevent patient falls. Participates in bedside report to ensure falls interventions are in place and communicate necessary information needed to care for patient.
5) Monitors basic physiological parameters. Takes and records routine vital signs in patient electronic medical record. Obtains and documents weights, documents I & O, obtains and reports patients blood glucose as ordered. Consistently reports any significant deviations in vital signs or other patient findings immediately. Accurately labels and sends specimens of urine, feces and sputum to the lab.
6) Establishes and maintains therapeutic and collaborative relationships with members of the health care team. Communicates effectively with team and patients. Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team. Communicates an attitude of positive patient focused interactions at all times.
7) Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures.
Responds effectively in emergency situations.
8) Participates in unit and educational progress to develop/refine skills.
9) Attends unit staff meetings as required.
10) Adheres to Baystate Franklin Medical Center's Established Work Expectations.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Prior experience as a monitor tech or CNA in a hospital setting
Skills and Competencies:
1) Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Nurse Aide – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.