Business Analysts - Baystate Health
Category(s): Performance/Analytics/Quality, Business Analysts
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Business Analyst – HIM CDI and Coding
This position provides business process analysis services to provide timely, efficient, accurate deployment of computing, analysis, and reporting of HIM CDI and Coding. The position accomplishes the above through a combination of analysis of business needs, project planning, process documentation, and coordination of the deploying HIM Technologies consistent with Baystate Health policies and procedures and within the framework of the HIM department.
The HIM Business Analyst is an individual contributor who applies an in-depth knowledge of technical concepts, practices, and procedures to BH. The incumbent typically works under the supervision of the Sr Director, Assitant Director, or may work independently. The incumbent will work under demanding deadlines to generate reports needed to support operations and BH goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The incumbent works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Dignity and Respect: Treats patients, customers, and co-workers with esteem and worthiness.
Positive Image: Represents Baystate Health in a positive light by maintaining a calm and confident demeanor. Demonstrates a positive attitude.
Communications: Effectively conveys and receives information. Successfully manages challenging conversations. Readily provides and receives feedback promptly. Actively listens to everyone in a professional manner.
Service Accountability: Delivers personalized service and is responsive. Sets high standards for quality of work, ethical behavior, and complies with all laws and regulations.
Team Work/Collaboration: Maintains individual productivity and supports workgroup effectiveness. Effectively builds and nurtures relationships and values others.
Safe Work Environment: Maintains a safe, clean, and orderly work environment. Follows department and organizational safety and security policies.
Responsible use of Resources: Demonstrates a high level of awareness regarding cost containment.
Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any and all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Provide to BH employees/affiliates business analysis and direction with respect to maximizing HIM reports, analysis, and technology
2. Responsible for performing an in-depth analysis of assigned CDI/Coding task/reporting Prepare written analysis and recommendations and present findings to HIM Leadership
3. Recognize potential issues and resolve them before they have an impact or have a solution to present to leadership and senior management
4. Participate as a member of large project teams providing business and site analysis, documentation, and coordination of reports
5. Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings, educational programs, conferences, workshops, and trade publications.
6. Provides solutions for data management supporting management in performance improvement, creating clinical data dashboards, CDI, coding, and productivity and presenting information to help hospital leaders understand the impact of the data as well as to demonstrate performance for regulatory needs.
7. Serves to ensure optimal use of 3m reporting for HIM/coding and data analysis purposes. Responsible for automating internal reports, including information required to support HIM and coding.
8. Be willing to work the extra hours to support other HIM teams and BH staff to accomplish our mission
9.Provides comprehensive consultation to business units and internal clients, working closely with leadership and senior leadership, to identify and specify report finding and details
Unless otherwise required by certification, licensure, or registration, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the minimally required education and/or experience listed in the Qualifications section below.
Minimally Required Education:
High School / GED
Minimally Required Experience:
Three or more years of related experience
Five or more years of directly related experience
Extensive excel knowledge
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
Superior presentation skills
Proven management and organizational skills
Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making.
Tableau knowledge preferred
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts, High School Diploma (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.