Billing - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Billing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Reports directly to the MPBS AR Manager, but may receive directions from other members of the MPBS leadership team. Under the direction of the Specialty Billing Team Lead., the Billing Specialist is responsible for all follow-up and collection activities on applicable accounts to ensure full reimbursement recognized in an efficient and timely manner.
1) Communicates in an effective and timely manner all issues that adversely effect reimbursement
2) Performs on line data entry of account changes and communicates these changes to others (as necessary) and documents in the Centricity system all conversations and follow up action taken to resolve outstanding accounts.
3) Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of third party payer guidelines relevant to revenue cycle procedures for selected departments and Initiates telephone contacts to third party payers, patients/guarantors and attorneys to facilitate payments to resolve billing issues.
4) Identifies recurring rejections and other trends to the AR Manager for research and practice follow-up.
5) Researches and performs Accounts Receivable follow- up for all assigned areas, working in ETM (Enterprise Task Manager), and projects as needed.
6) Performs secondary payer billing and follow up activity in accordance with carrier specifications for all assigned accounts and monthly procedures required for the closing of books
7) Observes all health and safety requirements and Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information as mandated by HIPAA.
8) Attends and actively participates in assigned inter/intra-departmental meetings
9) Coordinates follow-up efforts with co-workers from other MPBS units and BHS departments/practices
10) Performs duties and job functions in accordance with the policies established for the department and all other duties as assigned
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of two years working experience in medical billing
2) Good interpersonal skills and a basic understanding of team management concepts
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Knowledge of Centricity Business ETM AR Management System
Skills and Competencies:
1) Superior Customer Service with enhancements in grammar, spelling and vocabulary to be utilized in patient, insurance, and physician correspondence
2) Knowledge and use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones, photocopier, calculator, fax machine, POS device and any other third party systems
3) Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
4) Ability to work with MPBS Leadership Team on projects that may be necessary
5) Ability to demonstrate responsibility for meeting all business requirements as dictated by third party payers
6) Advanced attention to detail and communication skills
7) Demonstrates interest and ability to cross-train in other disciplines to enhance unit's effectiveness as a team in situations where coordination and back-up are necessary
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.