Medical Practice Other - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Medical Practice Other
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health (BH), western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate seeks a BH Program Director to join our extensive team in Emergency Services.
- Safety and Quality-Partner with medical, BMC and Nursing leadership, to evaluate and optimize /redesign workflow and provider staffing levels to ensure timely door to doc times and ensure provider / dept metrics are met.
- Patient/Provider Experience –Partner with ED nursing and BH leadership to improve patient experience. Develop policies and procedures that standardize practices at all sites for a consistent and satisfactory patient experience. Work with providers to ensure schedules are filled while appreciating work/life balance.
- Value-Work with BMP leadership to build and manage budgets at all sites and optimize productivity. Evaluate and manage current utilization of protected time, supplementals, contracted services and work with BMP leadership to optimize provider clinical time and ensure achievement of monthly budget and competitive recruitment. Ensure coordination with compensation and budget departments to align incentives. Work with audit and compliance to maximize documentation and billing.
- Academics and Education– Partner with medical and administrative leadership to oversee, manage and build medical residencies and fellowships that support future providers. Work with ED leaders to build and coordinate out-of-hospital EMS network to increase coordination and flow of regional patients to appropriate sites of care. Optimize transport of tertiary care cases to BMC as appropriate. Manage research funding and expenses in conjunction with the Office of Research.
Size and Scope
- 5 Emergency Departments including: Baystate Medical Center is a 716 bed, Level-1 Trauma Center and Children's Hospital within a hospital
- EMS program /Transport Services
- Academics – 6 Fellowships – 80 faculty and 48 residents
- Annual census > 200,000 visits
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Registered Nurse, MBA or MPH or other Health Care related master's preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of leadership experience in a related field in a complex organization with demonstrated skill in strategic planning, organizational leadership, and financial management including revenue cycle, operational change, project management and practice management is required.
- Demonstrated experience with information management systems, clinical and business process redesign and use of information technology required. Lean (QI) experience a plus.
As the successful candidate, you will possess strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with staff, organizational leaders and medical staff across Baystate Health.
- Possess the ability to work well with all levels of the organization from executive management to operations staff, and is recognized as both a leader and team player.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading a large group to successful outcomes. Possesses excellent presentation, written and verbal skills.
- Action oriented with demonstrated ability to breakdown complex issues into action steps, clearly articulate a plan and execute effectively.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and has a focus and a sense of urgency around achieving results, and builds consensus without creating prolonged processes.
- Maintains a sense of humor, views learning as a lifelong pursuit, and enjoys being challenged by large/complex systems.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required), Master of Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.