Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for A Behavioral Resource RN to join our team.
This is a unique position that works under the Inpatient Behavioral Health and in collaboration with the management team at Baystate Wing Hospital, performs a wide range of functions related to the care of behaviorally challenging patients throughout Baystate Wing Hospital.
In this role you will work with unit staff to reduce violent incidents by the appropriate, therapeutic and effective use of the full range of best practices and evidence-based interventions. You will also support nursing staff in assuring patient safety while making most efficient and effective use of hospital resources, including constant companions/BRTs, blocked beds and behavioral health counseling support.
- This department provides behavioral health education and support to med/surg nursing staff, both in the context of care for individual patients and in the context of broader programming.
- Strong collaboration with the Psychiatry Consultation Service, the Emergency Department, and the Med/Surg units to assure coordinated behavioral health services for patients throughout the hospital.
Location: Baystate Wing hospital. Will do orientation at Baystate Medical Center.
- Part Time 24 hours
- 8 hour shifts Monday-Friday
- No weekends, no holidays
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Life insurance
- First time homebuyer program
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to: gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Five years of direct clinical psych nursing experience
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Education: Master’s Degree required
- Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse – American Nurses Credentialing Center required
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Arts (Required)
Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse – American Nurses Credentialing Center, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.