Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
This position is offered to nursing students actively enrolled in a nursing program accredited through the NLNAC or CCNE. Nursing students must be in satisfactory academic standing. Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP) will function in a supportive role to a registered nurse and work collaboratively with the health care team in the management of patient care. This position allows the student to gain experience in providing care to a diverse patient population and to develop strong communication and organizational skills. Students will report to the Central Staff Office Assistant Nurse Manager. Clinical responsibility will be coordinated by the clinical supervisor. SNAPS will perform direct patient care (hygiene, skin care, mobility and assistance with elimination needs), obtain and record vital signs, collect laboratory specimens, document intake/output, communicate effectively with patients/staff, promote patient safety and function as a team member within the health system. The ideal candidate must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per schedule period and must be able to work part time (24 hours a week) over summer breaks. Orientation schedule is full time 40 hours Monday through Friday. SNAPS will be required to work on both day and night shifts. Adherence to Baystate Health and department compliance policies and any and all applicable laws and regulations is mandatory.
1) Provides age-appropriate care to patients by demonstrating the knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care for patients.
2) Monitors basic physiological parameters: including taking and recording routine vital signs within the specified timeframe as indicated by periodic review of documentation, obtain and document weights/heights, abdominal girths, chest circumference, head circumference (Pediatric Service), consistently reports any significant deviations in vital signs as outlined in the procedure immediately, and records and reports, any change in patient's normal drainage pattern, i.e. gastric, wound, blood. Assists patients with elimination of body wastes
3) Administers treatments and procedures in accordance with BMC policy/procedure.
4) Provide safe and quality care. Demonstrates practice according to health care quality initiatives (including Falls Prevention, CAUTI prevention, No Pass Zone, Bedside Reporting).
5) Performs POC testing.
6) Assist in the delivery of ancillary services as directed.
7) Communicates effectively with team, patients and family: interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner; clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team; recognizes culturally based patient and family needs
8) Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures and resources
9) Functions as a member of the team by assisting team members with clinical activities, providing feedback related to the team process and assisting team members with non-clinical activities.
Required Work Experience:
1) Will have 1 clinical rotation successfully completed by date of hire to SNAP program or be a certified nursing assistant
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Computer literate, endorsement and skills verification submitted from clinical faculty member
2) Proficient in reading and writing English; Possesses the basic knowledge for performing the assigned duties: providing patient care, supporting patient safety and obtaining vital signs
3) Ability to detect and report obvious changes in a patient's condition
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.