Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Provides comprehensive evaluative, rehabilitative, preventative and referral services for the hearing impaired in an outpatient setting. Instructs patients, families and other support personnel in rehabilitative/habilititative measures, monitors patients' progress and maintains clinical records. Observe all health and safety requirements.
1) Identifies, evaluates, treats and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient, homecare and contract basis as assigned.
2) Provides age-appropriate care to patients.
3) Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients as appropriate per assignment.
4) Evaluates the appropriateness of diagnostic and therapeutic materials and equipment. Contributes to purchasing decisions.
5) Is responsible for condition of materials, equipment and tests used. Initiates and follows up on necessary action in relation to clients.
6) Determines appropriate plans for clients and recommendations for continued care.
7) Counsels clients, families and others in relation to understanding and assisting in the identification and treatment of hearing impairment.
8) Encourages and maintains cooperation with other professionals, agencies and services.
9) Writes necessary records and reports for all clients and the department. Adheres to the ASHA Code of ethics. Follows hospital and departmental policies and professional standards.
10) Participates actively in the departmental team and other teams involved with clients. Participates and shares continuing education experiences. Dependent on experience supervises volunteers and students.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.