Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Performs a wide variety of duties pertaining to the management of assigned projects which include, but are not limited to, pre-construction, construction and move phases for Baystate Health at both Baystate owned and leased sites.
1) Lead cross-functional teams, physicians, nurses and patients to gather data, observe operating procedures and workflow.
2) Efficiently lead project meetings with clients, consultants and contractors in support of the overall completion of an on time/on budget process.
3) Assists the Project Manager on larger projects to develop project scope with clients and outside consultants, and assure the adherence to the customers program with all consultants and contractors.
4) Provide customer service and communication program for client.
5) Assures compliance of Federal, state and local building codes.
6) Assures compliance of work with contract documents, assures compliance with hospital life safety and infection control requirements.
7) Ability to manage space planning efforts and move processes.
8) Facilitates and documents all project meetings.
9) Ability to develop, manage and adhere to budgets. Tracking of requisitions and invoices with an emphasis on returned savings.
10) Develops and maintains project scope, schedules and files.
Required Work Experience:
1) In Lieu of a Bachelors Degree, candidates holding an Associates Degree in a related field, Construction Management Certification, and 7 years of project management experience will be considered
2) Project Management skills
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to facilitate efficient, productive meetings, and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner
2) Strong organizational and project management skills
3) Self-directed and self-motivated individual able to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines
4) Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction or renovation of buildings
5) Exhibits professional conduct that adheres to the values, mission and philosophy by incorporating and living the operating principles of behavior which include trust, respect, integrity, collaboration and communication
6) Proficient in Word, Excel and proven experience with AutoCAD 2009
7) Familiarity with architectural practice, including documentation and phasing
8) Understanding of code requirements, industry standards, space requirements, best practices and emerging trends for large scale corporate and institutional projects
9) Lead, develop and advise on all planning and scheduling elements of a program
10) Support department for deploying and implementing new initiatives
11) Must demonstrate a high level of self-motivation with the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.