Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Associate Experience Designer will provide support to design teams and senior experience designers employing human-centered design and other experience research tools and methods to solve organizational challenges.
- Represent the human experience perspective on departmental and cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate/review requirements to ensure the human perspective is included in solution designs.
- Support the design of research methods and practices to reach project objectives using standard human centered design processes.
- Support, and in some cases lead the collection, analysis and synthesis of data using observation, empathetic interviewing techniques and applying human-centered design (HCD) methodologies for problem and opportunity analysis, solution design, and rapid prototyping in-context testing and iteration.
- Participate in design improvements (process and/or technology) to create experience enhancements.
- Lead the design for function-level problems/enhancements.
- Assist in the input and maintenance of project artifacts aimed to establish or surface baseline and goal data.
Education, Training and Experience
Minimum; Bachelor’s degree with 0-3 years in design-related or research-related field. Ideally with a focused internship or co-op in design or research capacity.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Has passion for human-centered design and how to redesign and rethink healthcare.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods including in-depth interviews, in-person/online facilitation, survey design, and data analysis.
- Can tell a story with graphics and words using standard tools i.e. adobe creative suite, MS Powerpoint.
- Developing skill-set for communicating data, design methodology, key findings, and rationale to team members.
- Established a portfolio of 1-3 problems solved (does not have to be launched products/services) using design methodologies.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.