Database Administrator - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Database Administrator
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides strategic Database Administration to guarantee timely, efficient, accurate and uninterrupted database computing services to the business communities. Maintains database management software to supported revision levels and detailed database infrastructure documentation. Performs problem diagnostics and resolution for database infrastructure to support environment reliability levels. Provides performance analysis for databases and implements corrective tuning actions. Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other technical resources, database and application vendors.
The position accomplishes the above through a combination of planning, technical analysis and design, and technical management of systems functions consistent with Baystate Health policies and procedures.
1) Ensures daily backups are completed successfully and meets the business's Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
2) Installation and configuration of database management hardware and software infrastructure.
3) Provision resources to meet infrastructure and application database needs.
4) Review of current and emerging Database technologies.
5) Assist with creation, maintenance and documentation of Oracle Standards and Unix/Linux cron jobs.
6) Provide knowledge transfer to team members.
7) Maintain production change control schedule and participate in change control review process.
8) Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
9) Support 24/7 on-call rotation and disaster recovery.
Required Work Experience:
Strong experience with Red Hat Linux, Satellite Server, and Ansible required. Experience with Oracle, SQL DB Server, or Cache databases desirable.
Excellent written and verbal communication required.
1) 5 years relevant experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 10 years preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Experienced in data modeling and performance tools (OEM, Toad, AWR, Uptime)
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Computer and Information Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.