Database Administrator - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Database Administrator
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We offer a flexible work environment that includes the opportunity to work remotely on a partial basis
Job Description – Linux Administrator
Our Database Team is seeking an individual to provide technical systems management as a Linux Administrator. This team is responsible for managing Red Hat Linux and Red Hat Satellite Server. This team works with the different Application teams, DBAs, Network Support, Operations and End User groups along with vendors to design, evaluate and implement new computer systems and associated applications.
- Support production, development and disaster recovery computer UNIX and Linux systems and related infrastructure.
- Provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, monitoring and technical support.
- Support Automation of Linux system patching.
- Ensures daily backups are completed successfully and meets Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Assist with creation and revision of corporate standards documentation and scripting the application of such standards.
- Assist with creation, maintenance and documentation of corporate standards and Unix/Linux scripting jobs.
- Interacting with Application, Database Administration, Network Support, Operations and End User groups along with vendors to design and evaluate and implement new computer systems and associated applications.
- Installation and configuration of database management hardware and software infrastructure.
- Provision resources to meet infrastructure and application database needs.
1) Ensures daily backups are completed successfully and meets the business's Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
2) Installation and configuration of database management hardware and software infrastructure.
3) Provision resources to meet infrastructure and application database needs.
4) Review of current and emerging Database technologies.
5) Assist with creation, maintenance and documentation of Oracle Standards and Unix/Linux cron jobs.
6) Provide knowledge transfer to team members.
7) Maintain production change control schedule and participate in change control review process.
8) Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
9) Support 24/7 on-call rotation and disaster recovery.
Required Work Experience:
Strong experience with Red Hat Linux, Satellite Server, and Ansible required. Experience with Oracle, SQL DB Server, or Cache databases desirable.
Excellent written and verbal communication required.
- A minimum of five years working as a Linux Administrator supporting an enterprise environment of both physical and virtual servers
- Must have experience supporting an environment with one of the following – Oracle, SQL DB Server or Cache databases
- Must have in depth experience in Red Hat Linux
- Must have in depth experience in Red Hat Satellite Server
- Must have deep experience in scripting with Ansible
- Hands on experience with Red Hat Linux, VMware and AWS.
1) 5 years relevant experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 10 years preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Experienced in data modeling and performance tools (OEM, Toad, AWR, Uptime)
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Computer and Information Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.