IT Engineer, Applications - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Engineer, Applications
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The incumbent in this position is a technically skilled worker who participates in the design, development, and maintenance of the computer software programs. Projects will be assign and work monitored daily by senior programmers. These functions are performed in accordance with Baystate Health System's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
Performs implementation of vendor-supplied software packages, including installation, customization and ongoing support and maintenance. Develops specifications for major software development projects. Resolves highly complex technical issues.
Receives and responds to support calls from users. Log calls in Help Desk system. Uses Help Desk system to document call status and ultimately, call resolution. Plans system and function testing of software. Keeps management apprised of progress, plans and issues via weekly status reports.
Contributes to a teamwork environment. Is flexible, solutions-oriented, responsible, and honest.
1) Receives and responds to user calls regarding computer system problems. Coordinates testing and installation of modifications. May act as a user liaison in planning systems modifications. Coordinates users from different departments in formulating the policies, procedures and functionality of new systems.
2) Writes functional and technical specifications for system modifications and enhancements, and for new systems.
3) Modifies computer programs from technical and functional specifications. Plans and performs unit and routine testing. Plans, performs, and documents system testing. Plans and performs multi-system testing. Develops new programs for existing systems and new systems from technical and functional specifications.
4) With general direction, comprehends and applies identified new technologies to defined problems, and investigates new technologies as methods of improving existing computer systems.
5) Maintains system integrity through activities such as checking error monitors and file maintenance utilities and uses utilities to fix problems such as file structure errors.
6) Participates in major projects involving new and existing systems and review computer code for appropriateness and efficiency. May be assigned daily work by senior engineers and that work may be monitored.
7) Exemplifies customer service excellence.
8) Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all inclusive.
9) Monitors projects and reports status
10) Maintains existing software programs. Develops new software programs
11) Performs and monitors unit/system/function testing
12) Develops specifications for software development projects — vendor based or internally- developed systems. Resolves highly complex technical issues escalated by team members
13) Receives and responds to support calls from users
Required Work Experience:
1) One to three years of programming experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Preferred One to Two years of experience with software development.
2) Linux/Unix experience helpful
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong Communication skills – both verbal and written
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.