Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
- We provide comprehensive care for complex neurological and neurosurgical conditions such as stroke, epilepsy, brain injury, brain tumors, spinal injury, and spine tumors.
- Work with dedicated professionals committed to patient centered excellence. Act as an advocate for patients, families and significant others. Come join a team dedicated to the culture of safety, shared governance and nursing autonomy.
- Team- oriented environment. This unit operates as a true team and there is always somebody to assist you when necessary!
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) works in partnership with the nurse manager to support and lead the daily operations of the units.
The ANM is expected to adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations. The ANM is expected to assume accountability and responsibility for translating the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the medical center/hospital and the nursing service into effective action under the guidance of the Nurse Manager. The ANM demonstrates BH operating principles and behaviors. Responsibility is centralized within five major areas: Clinical Practice and Quality Outcomes, Human Resource Leadership, Management of the Environment, Financial Growth and Stewardship and Operational Planning.
1) Clinical Practice and Quality Outcomes The Assistant Nurse Manager administers direct nursing care to patients and serves as a clinical resource and role model of clinical excellence for staff. Delivers on service promise as evidenced by metrics in all unit practices and programs. Provides leadership collaboratively with the Nurse Manager in proactively developing quality driven and cost effective initiatives. Initiates and partners with the Nurse Manager to lead and achieve outcomes in service-based performance improvement efforts
2) Human Resource Leadership: The Assistant Nurse Manger in collaboration with the Nurse Manager leads a positive work environment that facilitates the delivery of excellent patient and caregiver experiences. Staffs are highly engaged, as evidenced by relevant metrics. Individual and collective practices reflect the Core principles of Magnet. Initiates and manages necessary change, providing support and resources to staff. Seeks opportunities to build working alliances with other professional groups. Creates opportunities for Shared Governance in order to effectively solve problems. In alignment with the Nurse Manager, is responsible for: recruiting & hiring; staff development; recognition; retention; establishing performance expectation for success; delivering performance appraisals and implementing corrective actions.
3) Management of the Patient Care Environment: The Assistant Nurse Manager is a leader who is highly visible on the patient care unit and is responsible for the effective management of patient progress and outcomes of care. Leads collaborative efforts with other departments and disciplines to meet patient care needs. Accountable for unit issues in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, including the adequacy of appropriate materials and equipment, until resolution occurs.
4) Financial Growth and Stewardship: The Assistant Nurse Manager is accountable to manage within budget in collaboration with the Nurse Manager as evidenced by metrics. Stewards financial resources and promotes growth by developing business plans and budget for their unit in collaboration with the Nurse Manager per organizational goals and other relevant factors. Establishes expectations with the Nurse Manager and holds accountable staff regarding the delivery of high quality, affordable care. Responds to budget variances in a proactive, timely manner in partnership with the Nurse Manager
5) Operational Planning: The Assistant Nurse Manager, in concert with the Nurse Manager, sets a progressive pace for performance improvement and based on assessment of internal and external influences, creates and implements plans that have a positive impact on the delivery of patient care and a positive work environment. Makes healthcare operations decisions /problem resolution to facilitate proper and timely patient flow on the unit and effective operations of the unit. Establishes staffing plans that respond to changing needs of the unit.
6) Staff education/training, establishment of a learning environment, in partnership with a Nurse Educator and Manager.
7) Facilitates staffing models necessary to support case volumes and acuity
8) Evaluates clinical processes and workflows to ensure efficiency, facilitates appropriate change
9) Responsible for direct nurse supervision on weekends and off shifts, in partnership with the clinical supervisor.
10) Evaluates clinical documentation to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Location: Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
- Hours: Full Time, 40 hours
- Shift: Day
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of nursing experience in a related setting
- Education: BSN required
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Consultant/Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Registered Nurse – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.