Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** SIGN ON BONUS – $5,000 **
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for an Assistant Nurse Manager for our Medical Intercare unit, Daly 6B.
- 42 bed Medical Stepdown unit equipped with bedside hemodynamic measuring (21 beds) and 24 hour monitoring of those systems.
- 21 medical beds with telemetry capabilities, as well as continuous O2 monitoring.
- Unit frequently cares for trached vent dependent patients as well as Bipap/CPap rescue needs and Hi Flow O2 delivery systems.
- This unit is supported by a nurse educator as well as an evening clinical nurse coordinator. Also supported around the clock by respiratory therapy and APP/MD on site, as well as ancillary support, ( monitor techs, ambulation techs, PCTS and Operations assistants)
- We provide supportive, individualized, and tailored orientation.
- The only major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area.
- Full-time, 1st or 2nd shift
- (4) 10 hour shifts
- Location: Baystate Medical Center Springfield
- Clinical Practice and Quality Outcomes-The Assistant Nurse Manager administers direct nursing care to patients and serves as a clinical resource and role model of clinical excellence for staff. Delivers on service promise as evidenced by metrics in all unit practices and programs. Provides leadership collaboratively with the Nurse Manager in proactively developing quality driven and cost-effective initiatives.
- Human Resource Leadership: The Assistant Nurse Manger in collaboration with the Nurse Manager leads a positive work environment that facilitates the delivery of excellent patient and caregiver experiences. Staffs are highly engaged, as evidenced by relevant metrics. Individual and collective practices reflect the Core principles of Magnet.
- Management of the Patient Care Environment: The Assistant Nurse Manager is a leader who is highly visible on the patient care unit and is responsible for the effective management of patient progress and outcomes of care.
- Financial Growth and Stewardship: The Assistant Nurse Manager is accountable to manage within budget in collaboration with the Nurse Manager as evidenced by metrics. Stewards financial resources and promotes growth by developing business plans and budget for their unit in collaboration with the Nurse Manager per organizational goals and other relevant factors.
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Life insurance
- First time homebuyer program
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to: gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
- Minimum of 3-5 years of nursing experience in a related setting
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Registered Nurse – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.