Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
***SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
We are looking for an Assistant Nurse Manager to join our Med/Surg/Tele and ICU team here at Baystate Franklin Medical Center!
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus! (Internal and External Applicants Qualify)
Resume Required with Application
- 40 hours per week
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Responsible for the provision of nursing care to patients with multiple and complex health care needs. Responsible for training, orientation and assisting in the performance management process for designated staff. Identifies and resolves unit systems operational and clinical problems which impact the quality of care delivered. Assumes 24-hour responsibility for the coordination of designated management functions on assigned unit. Serves as a resource to other staff members. Acts as a consultant to colleagues and other health team members on matters concerning Emergency Department operations. Serves as a role model to other staff and advocates for patients/families/significant others. Assumes accountability for own professional practice and aspects of care delegated to others. Practices within ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
1) Quality: The Assistant Nurse Manager monitors and ensures excellence in the clinical practice of nursing by integrating the mission and vision of BFMC and the standards of care for the critical care patient as evidenced by meeting all core measures and achieving high HCAHPS scores; by ensuring the clinical competence of staff through direct interaction and observation, ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes, and feedback from other members of the heath care team using evidence based best practices; by ensuring compliance with all expectations of regulatory agencies and critical care standards.
2) Engagement: The Assistant Nurse Manager monitors and ensures excellence in staff engagement as evidenced by meeting set expectations for behavior and communication and holds individuals accountable for their actions. S/He provides resources that enables the staff to do their work. S/He provides recognition to staff openly and frequently by creating an environment for open and honest communication and by identifying and resolving areas of conflict promptly and effectively.
3) Collaboration: The Assistant Nurse Manager creates an environment where open, honest communication allows for nursing autonomy, shared responsibility, mutual respect, and teamwork as evidenced by staff involvement in clinical nursing practice and optimal staff satisfaction scores. The ANM is a contributing member of the Service Line Team. The ANM and Nurse Manger collaborate on all issues and goals enabling the ANM to provide backup coverage for the Nurse Manager in their absence.
4) Professional Development: The Assistant Nurse Manager is an expert nurse, competent in the care of the ill patient. S/he monitors the care of the patient by the nursing staff and identifies opportunities for education. The ANM applies evidenced-based practice and care standards for the specialty to this assessment. S/He maintains up to date knowledge of advances and design in care and will follow thru on issues in order to ensure the effective resolution of daily operation issues & utilize their knowledge of accreditation standards, policies & procedures for excellence in patient care including resolution of complaints.
5) Financial Stewardship: The Assistant Nurse Manager will adhere to the department budget as evidenced by the standard operating reports. S/He will monitor utilization and ordering of supplies and equipment and assures that staff have what they need in order to care for their patients. S/He will collaborate with the Nurse Manager regarding the schedule and payroll.
6) Human Resources: The Assistant Nurse Manager will ensure personnel policies are fairly and consistently applied and promptly and effectively resolves personnel issues. S/He will assist with performance appraisal for staff, as appropriate. S/He will participate in interviewing candidates and selects staff members that are competent to fulfill their assigned responsibilities.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Nursing (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.