IT Analyst, Applications - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Analyst, Applications
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position supports the information systems at Baystate Health. Responsibilities include implementation of software packages including the installation, customization, deployment, and the continued maintenance and ongoing support including resolution of application issues. Assists with the development and on-going maintenance of support documentation. They will work closely with other analysts, engineers, architects, team leaders, managers, and business partners to collaborate on system design. The incumbent will perform minor project leadership. They work closely with partners to review the status of work and projects in process, prioritize new efforts, and assists in identifying new opportunities to improve operations. These activities require skills in independent decision-making, application design and configuration, problem solving, leadership, systems analysis, customer service, teamwork, organization and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1) System Maintenance and Support
Ensures the effective, timely problem resolution and constituent support for assigned systems and services. Works closely with stakeholders and partners to establish operational standards to ensure reliable operations. Collaborates with team members on application and integration touch points within the systems. Monitors vendor software releases, tests and implements upgrades or maintenance patches to ensure current version is supportable and scalable. Knowledge of the system data model and identifies application enhancement/optimization needs. Writes functional and technical specifications for system modifications and enhancements. Escalates risks and issues to key stakeholders. Participates in 24/7 on call rotation including incident management for planned and unplanned events.
2) Project Activities and Oversight
Assists in defining the value of the proposed initiative and viable technical solutions that address the requirements. Performs systems analysis and documents current state, future state and performs gap analysis. Participates on project teams to implement complex solutions that meet the organization's goals and objectives. Follows established project management methodology. Develops policies and procedures to support system post implementation. Helps to create thorough test plans and performs all relevant testing of programs and integrations including unit, system, functional, regression, stress/load, integrated and disaster recovery. Coordinates to ensure projects are executed according to plan.
3) Administration and Leadership
Under support and guidance of team leadership, ensures sufficient backup for their responsibilities is established. Informs team leadership of progress, plans and issues. Manages work to ensure adherence to established and approved timelines. Promotes system change management process follows all change control procedures. Promotes a team environment. Works closely with all partners. Stays current with supported applications and technologies.
4) Configure and builds systems per technical and functional specifications.
5) Writes functional and technical specifications for system modifications and enhancements to meet business requirements.
6) Meets with partners regularly to understand their operations, identify optimization opportunities, review current project and work, and discuss open systems issues. Proactively monitor partner satisfaction to ensure the systems continue to meets their needs.
7) Participates in the development of training documentation and curriculum, along with the training department resources and, if necessary, assist in the training of applications.
8) Participates in vendor and resource management activities.
9) Participates in preparation of capital or operating costs for assigned systems.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the implementation, configuration, deployment, maintenance and ongoing support of large computer systems
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Data visualization and SQL queries
Skills and Competencies:
1) Promotes a team environment; Ability to interact with all levels of the organization; Appropriate technical knowledge of requisite systems and applications; Exemplifies customer service excellence; Ability to manage multiple tasks
2) Able to appropriately delegate tasks; Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; Flexible Solutions-oriented; Attention to detail; Able to troubleshoot technical and process issues and document resolutions
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science, GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.