IT Project Management - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Project Management
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Remote work option available for applicants in the following states: CT, FLA, IA, KS, MA, MI, NH, NC, TN, TX, VT, RI, OH
Baystate Health is seeking a talented, experienced Analytics Delivery Lead (Agile Delivery) to work as the delivery expert for solutions. You will be leading software delivery teams and be the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, Data Governance, and the Development/Implementation Teams. Working independently, you are capable of leading by role or influence, as well as fulfilling or supporting many different roles on an iterative software development team including Project Manager, Scrum Master, Quality Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or Functional Analyst. Your primary responsibilities include working with internal business partners to understand their business requirements, building and maintaining the product backlog, and successfully leading agile projects through their respective lifecycles. You will be working closely with Agile Coach to help team understand and embrace Agile methodology for software development.
- Lead technical projects through the SDLC process and/or an agile, iterative process
- Understand the internal business partners strategic direction and apply it to project team specific outcomes
- Act as Scrum Master or Agile Coach when needed
- Be the functional and subject matter authority for the solution being developed for the internal business partners
- Work with business partners and internal product owner(s) to define the product by identifying requirements and thinking critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that addresses business needs and effectively communicate the business partner’s requirements and that are easily consumed by software development and Quality Assurance teams.
- Collaborate with software development teams to define and validate the technical approach, strategy, and deliverables for the project.
- Work closely with product vendor to understand their deliverables and schedule. Manage vendor to ensure that their delivery meets MSA (Master Service Agreement).
- Estimate effort at varying levels (e.g., high level, work package level) and using various techniques and collaborate with all the teams before publishing estimates and target dates.
- Proactively handle issues, mitigate risks, and maintain decision log.
- Understand landscape of key organization within Baystate Health and establish credibility quickly
- Lead, facilitate and attend meetings; provide project status reporting including issue, risks, and path to green to management and stakeholder group(s); prepare and deliver stakeholder presentations and work products/prototypes
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns and present it to management when necessary.
- 6+ years of technical project / product manager experience in Agile Software development as a Project, Product or Program Manager
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing lifecycles
- Experience in Data Analytics and Data security is plus
- Demonstrated strong knowledge in software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean
- Experience in Agile coaching is essential
- Experience leading virtual teams
- Experience in vendor management with knowledge of healthcare software development companies
- Broad Healthcare industry experience aligned to Health care provider services including physicians’ offices and other ancillary services
- Understanding of healthcare service provider related data such as ADT (Admission, Discharge, Transfers), patient demographics, clinical diagnosis, billing, insurance payments, clinical test results, etc.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
- Evidence of strong investigative, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills, including a history of growing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement
- Conflict management and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
- Ability to actively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
- You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems
- Strong organizational skills and the capability to interpret and handle a vast array of information especially in Data space
- Data and/or Cloud experience is a plus
- Some knowledge of HIPAA (Health Information Privacy Act) Rules, guidance on compliance
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (ideally Tableau and/or PowerBi)
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Cogito Project Manager Certification – Other, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – LEAN
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.