Home Care Nursing - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Home Care Nursing
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
As an expert in certified home care and/or hospice care , completes full patient physical assessment including medications, psycho-social status, pain, and patient's environment to determine eligibility and all services required for the plan of care. Serves a critical role in establishing an accurate baseline for patients' goals and outcomes using assessment tools and clinical skills. Provides compassionate education concerning the philosophy and protocols of applicable care.
1) Promotes operating excellence and a positive patient experience. Provides in home evaluation, meets with patients and caregivers (as applicable), and completes chart review of all referred patients, to determine skilled need and other eligibility criteria. Verifies referral information that includes demographics, primary physician, appropriate orders, medications and vendors as applicable. Demonstrates knowledge base of home care and hospice regulations and standards, payor specific information, and BHH programs.
2) Clinical Practice/Clinical Assessment /Data Collection. Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for the applicable age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care. Establishes realistic goals and develops plan of treatment in cooperation with patient, family and care team. Demonstrates expert knowledge of home health and hospice regulations and philosophy of care for each program . Demonstrates current knowledge of pharmacology and medication administration.
3) Customer Service and Collaboration. Demonstrate interpersonal skills that foster teamwork. Understands and demonstrates BHH operating principles. Maintains effective communication with all members within department, internal and external contacts. Provides clear documentation and communication for seamless transition to case manager.
4) Attends orientation, in-services, team meetings and IDG as required.
5) Professional Development. Assumes responsibility to keep informed of current changes and trends in nursing practice and documentation guideline. Adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of nursing care.
6) Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Required Work Experience:
1) Strong background in home care.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Nurse with home care experience and knowledge of OASIS.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
2) Ability to work independently and knowledge of computer.
3) Excellent clinical skills.
4) Understanding of Baystate home based services.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support Instructor – American Heart Association, Driver License – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.