Staff Assistant - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Staff Assistant
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Administrative Assistant provides key administrative support to the Manager of Case Management, the Manager of Social Work, and certain subordinates. Supports Physician Advisor to Case Management. In addition to Administrative Assistant acts as a liaison between the departments supported, staff, medical staff, patients, and the public. The ability to exercise judgement, critical thinking, and independent decision-making skills are essential. Responsibilities require a thorough knowledge of the institution. Adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations is required.
1) Composes and types correspondence and prepares forms, charts, records, minutes, schedules, etc., which may be confidential in nature from rough drafts.
2) Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls for departments in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. Responds to general inquiries or routes appropriate personnel.
3) Maintains contacts inside and outside hospital to obtain or relay information, arrange meetings, gather data. Copies and circulates information departments supported to personnel throughout Baystate Health. Maintains multiple community interface responsibilities with external agencies.
4) Schedules meetings, conferences, interviews, and appointments, completes travel arrangements and maintains calendars.
5) Answers inquiries concerning activities and operations of Case Management, Discharge Planning, Utilization Review and Social Work departments.
6) Answers inquiries concerning activities and operations of Case Management, Discharge Planning, Utilization Review and Social Work departments.
7) Attends meetings for Utilization Management, Ethics Service Committee and Hospital Casement Management staff meetings; takes, prepares and distributes minutes to appropriate personnel. Develops, implements and maintains departmental record keeping and filing systems.
8) Initiates and prepares expenditures for office supplies, standard department inventory, travel, etc. and accepts receipts and invoices for non-routine expenditures. Coordinates purchases within budgeted guidelines in collaboration with manager.
9) Performs data and/or information gathering in an effective and efficient manner to maintain databases for Discharge Planning statistics, Social Work statistics and Utilization Management and Oncology statistics. CPI Coordinator for Mental Health Unit.
10) Prepares and distributes weekend and holiday on-call list and notifies switchboard when changes occur. Prepares and distributes 6-week work schedule for the Case Management department. Enters schedule in the Ansos system. Prepares payroll in Kronos for manager review and sign off.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Two years recent office experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.