Environmental Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Environmental Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This role will provide administrative support for the Hospitality Department at Baystate Health. This individual will ensure department-wide administration needs are met as described below
Provides extensive administrative support and some secretarial support to Department Management personnel. Responsible for coordination of the daily operations of the office. Independently prepares and/or completes a variety of complex reports, analyses, spreadsheets, and databases. Takes initiative to respond to inquiries and represents the department in resolving problems, exchange of information, and interpretation of departmental policy and procedures. Maintains HR files to ensure accuracy and consistency. Assists managers/supervisors with proper documentation/follow-up of coaching/counseling.
1) Schedule and prepare meeting logistics, coordinate preparation, and distribution of materials, record minutes and maintain/monitor action items to ensure tasks are accomplished in a timely manner. Provides office operation coordination and administrative support to 6 Directors. Organize and attend meetings and may act as a recorder of proceedings. Coordinate follow-up actions.
2) Human Resource Support; enter schedules into Kronos, maintain log of absences, alert managers/supervisors to excessive absences, assist managers/supervisors in recording procedures required for coaching/counseling.
3) Manages the facilitation process for various meetings as requested by the Department Management. Conducts and/or attends meetings, takes, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes, coordinates follow-up on action items.
4) Initiates and prepares appropriate paperwork for purchase/expenditures for equipment, office supplies, standard department inventory, travel, and other purchases. Reconcile and submit time and expense reports promptly. Handle routine correspondence as directed. May independently compose documents based on the verbal direction and /or knowledge of company policy and procedures.
5) Maintains contacts inside and outside Baystate Health to obtain or relay information, arrange meetings, gather data, etc. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls for the department and responds to general inquiries or routes to appropriate personnel.
6) Develops, maintains, and revises record keeping and filing systems, and classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, records, and other documents.
7) Welcome, and escort visitors and clients throughout the office.
8) Troubles shoot and manage technical support for the team, including managing service requests.
9) May oversee the on boarding of new hires and contractors. Train and assist other staff in the utilization of applications or department/company policies, procedures and administrative systems.
10) Screen mail and telephone inquiries and direct these requests to the appropriate person. Independently respond to questions and situations which arise during the manager’s absence, using discretion, judgment, and knowledge of the department’s activities.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years previous office experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 5+ years directly related experience.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
2) Strong working knowledge of Outlook (for scheduling people and rooms) and PowerPoint (for developing presentation material).
3) Team-player with strong communication skills.
4) Detail-oriented, highly organized and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
5) Expected to demonstrate sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
6) Demonstrates problem-solving and advanced organizational skills and the ability to work with little guidance.
7) Must have the ability to manage multiple set priorities, support projects of varied scopes, and maintain confidentiality.
8) Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong working knowledge of Outlook (for scheduling people and rooms) and Power Point (for developing presentation material).
9) Team-player with strong communication skills.
10) Detail-oriented, highly organized and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
11) Expected to demonstrate sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
12) Demonstrates problem solving and advanced organizational skills and the ability to work with little guidance.
13) Must have the ability to manage multiple set priorities, support projects of varied scopes, and maintain confidentiality.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.