Staff Assistant - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Staff Assistant
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
5 year grant funded position
Full-time 36 hours
Associate's Degree and 5+ years of experience required
Please include resume
The primary scope of this role is to provide direct support for project management/administrative activities that ensure the timely and efficient delivery of services to the department as directed. Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any and all applicable laws and regulations.
1) Project Coordinator function: Organizes projects specific to departmental needs
2) Office Coordinator function: Collaborates with Clinical staff, support staff, and front desk staff on a daily basis to check the schedule details for the day and resolve any conflicts. Monitor and track Staffing needs and changes. Track schedule for staff regarding PTO. Cover the front desk duties as needed, greet customers, answer phones, book appointments. Assists in the orientation process of new incoming staff.
3) Assists in establishing processes and procedures for efficient work flow of the department. Also assists in updating processes annually to improve quality measures.
4) Maintains contacts inside and outside hospital to obtain and/or relay information, arrange meetings, gather data, research problems, etc. Interacts with a variety of hospital executive’s medical staff and/or outsiders in a professional and efficient manner at all times
5) Develops complex spreadsheets and data bases in order to track projects and work. Works with director to develop databases to track all work done by the office. For example, departmental requests for employee compliance numbers, Committee on Infection reporting, Safety Management reporting, OSHA/DPH recording, and various projects throughout (flu, N95 etc)
6) Assists with agendas for staff meetings and practice meetings. Gathers all necessary materials for meeting, to include administrative and clinical statistical reports. Records and tracks meeting minutes.
7) Manages the departmental shared drive and the website, updates all administrative functions and any pertinent quartely, annual and immediate notices, policies and procedures specific to the Department.
8) Maintains schedules as well as providing support with programs in MS Word.
9) Other tasks, as needed.
Associate's Degree (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
Required Work Experience:
1) 5+ years in an administrative role supporting multiple individuals
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Advanced computer skills to include demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
2) Demonstrated record of managing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, superb organizational skills and project management and office management
3) Successfully identify the employee's/customer's need
4) Effectively manage day-to-day interactions with all customers, co-workers, visitors and patients in a consistent and professional manner, respecting the needs of the individual and maintaining the customer's sense of self-worth, confidentiality and dignity in difficult situations
5) Maintain a confident, calm, emotionally mature approach at all times
6) Problem solve, using sound judgment, and assesses impact of decisions
7) Handle confidential employee and business information
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required), Bachelor of Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.