Executive Assistant - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Executive Assistant
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position reports to the Sr. Executive Assistant and Office Administrator to the President/CEO. Its responsibilities include backup to assist with administrative duties to the Sr. Executive Assistant and Office Administrator as well as the President & CEO (and coverage for other executives as needed). This position is responsible for various secretarial/clerical duties and will act as the primary telephone/receptionist back up to the Sr. Executive Assistant and Office Administrator to President/CEO, and must step fully into the role of the Sr. Executive Assistant to President/CEO in their absence.
1) Fills in for supervisor when the latter is absent. Serves as telephone backup. Appropriately responds to routine complaints and compliment letters. Responds to routine applicant letters. Assists callers by transferring to appropriate staff/ departments. (Handles all communications in a confidential manner. Assists in telephone coverage and administrative support for other SVPs during assistant's absences.)
2) Performs normal secretarial/clerical functions such as but not limited to Opening and distributing mail (and maintaining mail log), Copying documents, Filing, and Completing business forms such as check requests, deposits, etc. Tracking and ordering supplies. (Computer hardware/software as needed.)
3) Assists supervisor in the following, as necessary: Patient complaints – on the telephone and in person, (as well as) Employee issues/complaints (and tracking to conclusion), Screens visitors and phone calls, Special projects such as Key Personnel List, Annual Report, (Trustee Luncheons, Rounding Visits,) Enterprise Organizational Charts, etc. Assists with President’s & CEOs' calendars. Assists with personal requests from local officials, trustees, etc. Initiates action within scope of responsibility to expedite processes. Types of correspondence from handwritten notes, rough drafts, and dictation. Composes letters and memos as needed.
4) Coordinates and schedules routine meetings, including set up and removal of food service and other meeting materials. Coordinates and schedules special events and major meetings such as BHLT Retreats in coordination with Supervisor. Initiates requests for appropriate material regarding President’s involvement in meetings and special events. Preparation of materials for President’s meetings. Travel arrangements. Minutes of meetings. Follow up on a myriad of open issues. Completes assignments in a timely fashion as agreed with the supervisor. (May coordinate/schedule a special meeting(s) of importance to BH initiatives as needed.
5) Provides administrative assistance to VP of Public Health: maintains calendar, types correspondence, presentations from rough drafts or notes, composes letters, memos, and emails, coordinates and schedules routine and special meetings, processes reimbursements, membership dues and grant check requests as needed.
6) Provides administrative assistance to VP of Strategy (Team members as) needed: maintains calendar, composes letters, memos, and emails, coordinates and schedules routine and special meetings as (requested); needed, processes reimbursements, membership dues and grant check requests as needed. Assists with data collection for fiscal year performance scorecards on a quarterly basis from the contact of responsible parties for entering information in the database. Acts as a support for the Strategy Team members as needed.
7) Responsible for correcting Kronos timecard entries for various individuals including resolving any issues that may be needed.
8) Coordination/cooperation with Governance Office in meetings/materials for Trustees.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 5 years working as a senior-level administrative assistant
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Some college and or secretarial school preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must have the highest level of organization and prioritization skills
2) Demonstrate a mature, professional, and helpful attitude; excellent judgment in all matters; have the highest level of integrity, dependability, and trust
3) Must be flexible and have the ability to respond quickly to constantly changing priorities in a calm, professional, and efficient manner
4) Exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-up abilities coupled with a good sense of urgency
5) Excellent grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills
6) Basic computer skills, especially Microsoft Word
7) Excellent communication skills (especially telephone); communicates effectively with individuals at all levels of education/vocations
8) Works collaboratively
9) Has the ability to perceive the whole picture while being highly focused on details
10) Works independently in handling projects assigned
11) Demonstrate diplomacy and strict confidentiality
12) Possesses effective technique in recording accurate and concise meeting minutes
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.