Accounts Receivable - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Accounts Receivable
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Medical Billing Associate who will work under the direction of the Receivables Supervisor and Lead; identifies denials/appeals, makes appropriate system changes, completes balance adjustments, initiates write-offs, updates account registration/insurance information, documents work-in-process, obtains materials to complete the collection and/or appeals process. Other related duties as required.
1) Reviews all accounts/invoices for collection/appeal activities and takes appropriate action based on findings. Prioritizes accounts through the Enterprise Task Management program (ETM).
2) Reviews all denied claims for third party payer on "Explanation of Benefits" and remittance advises and takes appropriate action based on findings.
3) Appeals claims from third party carriers with additional documentation as needed for appropriate reimbursement.
4) Initiates "reimbursement inquiries" to Reimbursement Department for definitive answers to specific issues.
5) Initiates charge corrections as needed, based on findings from Reimbursement Issues and Appeals and or Coding.
6) Accurately records and files all third party payer information, reimbursement inquiries and appeals in process.
7) Interacts effectively with external contacts. Keeps supervisor advised of issues and changes in volume that can effect meeting unit or department expectations
8) Accurately records productivity and other information required for established reports.
9) Completes assigned projects in an efficient and accurate manner.
10) Completes assigned projects in an efficient and accurate manner.
Required Work Experience:
1) Knowledge of current third party billing and collection regulatory guidelines and requirements
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Knowledge of Centricity Business system
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to work in a fast paced environment
2) Ability to multi-task
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.