Accounts Payable - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Accounts Payable
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Baystate Health Accounts Payable Associate II functions as the primary contact for vendors. This individual is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all invoices including check requests, travel expense reimbursements, patient refunds, invoices processed via EDI, invoices processed via upload, invoices not associated with a purchase order and purchase order match invoices. The Accounts Payable Associate II is expected to resolve exceptions and attend to customer inquiries in an efficient and timely manner. This employee will routinely collaborate with internal and external customers related to Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
1) Manage assigned vendors, including but not limited to:
Review invoices in OnBase for appropriate coding, proper backup, authorized approval and accuracy.
Index invoices accurately and in compliance with department invoice numbering standards.
Enter invoices in Lawson promptly taking advantage of discounts and negotiated vendor terms.
Routinely work vendor statements for discrepencies, aging invoices and credits.
Initiate vendor setup process for new vendors by compiling required tax information and submitting information to designated contact in AP/Purchasing.
Call in PCD vendor payments for Pcard vendors that do not keep their card # on file.
Maintain adminstrative and functional tasks related to the Works, Corporate Traveler and Clincard applications.
2) Complete the daily payment runs and related tasks, including but not limited to:
Run the IDX, CBoard, AMT, IDS and RSK MA540 report, review errors and correct them and release transactions.
Run the AP160 and
Interface payment information using Document Express to the bank.
Coordinate the printing of checks with the copy room.
Print immediate issue checks as needed.
3) Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers received via email or phone with the highest level of customer service taking appropriate action to reach the desired result.
4) Work the recon queue and resolve in a timely manner.
5) Work the Received not Invoiced (RNI) and Invoiced not Received (INR) file generated by Inventory Control. Coordinate resolution with AP colleagues, Purchasing agents, Material Management and vendors.
6) Work on ad-hoc team projects and assignments.
7) Audit transactions over 10k entered by APS I and APS II for completeness and accuracy.
8) Work the Accounts Payable email inbox to completion as assigned per monthly rotating schedule.
9) Collect, open and disperse paper mail, inter-office mail and faxes as assigned per monthly rotating schedule.
10) Ensure work area is kept and maintained in a neat, clean, organized and safe manner at all times in accordance with BH health and safety requirements.
11) Consistently adhere to confidentiality principles, the Baystate Operating Principles and the Baystate Best Service Standards as a member of the BH Accounts Payable team. Ensure that all departmental policies and procedures are effectively and efficiently carried out.
Required Work Experience:
1) 4-6 years of Accounts Payable experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 8-10 years of Accounts Payable experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong customer service and telephone skills
2) Well-developed PC skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), proficiency with data entry and demonstrated analytical skills
3) Ability to effectively communicate written and verbally
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.