Accounting - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Accounting
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
*B109 – Gen Acctg-BMC, B165 – Corp Acctg-BAS, B890-BMP Acctg-BMF
This is a mid-level accounting assistant position reporting to the Accounting & Finance Manager-Baycare.
The primary responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant include: Processing Payroll & Accounts Payable, invoicing and cash receipts to support timely, accurate and efficient preparation of general ledger entries, financial statements and cash collections for Baycare, PVAC, BHCA and GSIPA.
1) Process Accounts Payable for Baycare, PVAC, BHCA and GSIPA separately. Receive invoices and obtain proper level of signature. Enter payment information into Bill Pay system for timely processing of checks. Prepare separate month end spreadsheets detailing each payment by account number to be used for month end recording of expenses. Gather detail to support line item charges to the company credit cards. Run report of check detail for each company out of Bill Pay system for outstanding check reconciliation. Upload and generate annual member distribution checks in Versa Check. Generate, mail and file annual 1099s for each company.
2.)Process biweekly payroll for Baycare employees in Paycom.Assure all timecards are approved and payroll totals look reasonable prior to transmission. Correct payroll errors in the system. Respond to payroll inquiries. Run reports and process payroll deduction payments to vendors within 24 hours of payroll. Produce and complete payroll related reports as requested.
3) Process all checks received for Baycare, PVAC, BHCA and GSIPA separately. Prepare and make weekly deposits for each account. Enter payments received for both Baycare and GSIPA Physician dues, fees and matches into company database by company, physician and type. Reconcile entries to bank deposit.
4) Manage invoicing and collection of first and second Physician fees for Baycare. After presentation of new members to the Board, genearate and mail quarterly invoicing to BMP for first fees.Generate invoices to Community practices and BMP for second fees and file for mailing 14 months later.Manage the filing process to ensure second fee invoices are mailed out in the correct month. Monitor outstanding invoices and follow up with practices on overdue payment.
5) Upload and generate annual dues invoices for both Baycare and GSIPA in Quick Books.Maintain spreadsheets to monitor outstanding balances and follow up with practices on overdue balances.
6) Maintain General Ledger for GSIPA in Quick Books. Prepare annual budget and work with Board Treasurer on presentation to Finance Committee and Board. Provide Audit firm with requested information for annual tax filing.
7) Prepare federal, state and local tax and other filings for Baycare and GSIPA, including sales & use tax, monthly payroll tax withholdings and quarterly tax and salary and consulting fee payments. Prepare various U.S. Census filings. Provide and maintain necessary supporting workpapers for all filings.
8) Compile detailed list of dues, fee and match write offs for Baycare. Run query out of company database for physicians who terminated within parameters and reference e-mails received from member services. Present worksheet to Member Services Manager and Finance Manager at bimonthly meeting for approval. Delete written off physicians from second fee invoices.
9) Participate in annual audit. Prepare and maintain year-end audit workpapers, and respond to audit requests and questions.
10) Provide assistance and support to other personnel within the system. Respond to and research inquiries regarding AP, Physician payments and other questions as needed. Assist other financial personnel within the area as required or directed.
11) Process unclaimed property for annual reporting to the State.
12) Process asset list for annual reporting to the City.
13) Generate miscellaneous invoices out of Quick Books for Baycare, PVAC and BHCA.
Minimally Required Education:
Minimally Required Experience:
1 Year Experience
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.