About Baystate Health
Baystate Health is an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 10,000 employees, three hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the Western Campus of Tufts University School of Medicine, has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region and the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
The laboratories at Baystate Health enjoy a reputation for exceptional quality in laboratory testing. Our staff of over 500 laboratory professionals works in well designed and maintained facilities with state of the art technology and automation. Our fundamental commitment remains steadfast: to care, serve, teach, and explore at medicine's frontiers in a cooperative and supportive partnership with our clinical colleagues and their patients.
Are you a dynamic, healthcare business leader who wants to be with a healthcare system that is in front of health care reform? Do you enjoy growing business? Building programs? Creating partnerships with other hospitals to provide needed services? Leading and engaging teams in an inclusive culture?
Baystate Reference Lab ( BRL) is in the process of growing our dynamic business in our regional market in Western Massachusetts. We are seeking a Director to: develop and implement strategic plans for growth of BRL and professional pathology services; facilitate revenue growth as well as work flow efficiencies and cost containment: develop and implement pricing strategies for group accounts and partner organizations; establish and monitor performance metrics and assist managed care professionals to negotiate favorable payor contracts. The Director collaborates with the Director of Laboratory operations and BH Purchasing to assure targets are met for compliance, service, quality, finance, and employee engagement and actively develop and engage the management team.
The Director will oversee a net revenue budget of $30m, volume of 2 million plus billable tests, manage an operating budget of $20 m, and oversee 230 FTE.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field. Masters preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years progressive healthcare leadership and business development management. Experience in outreach laboratory and professional pathology service business development highly desirable.
· Demonstrated ability of developing and implementing strategic goals
· Demonstrated financial and business acumen
· Excellent analytical skills and business planning skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with physician leaders
· Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills working with diverse stakeholders
· Strong working knowledge of laboratory and hospital operations
· Skilled as a mentor, coach and team facilitator
· Advanced computer and software skills
· Experience with various LIS, HIS and CRM software competency desired.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via the internet. If you wish to apply in person you can come to the following locations and submit an on-line application:
280 Chestnut Street
Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
85 South Street
Baystate Franklin Medical Center
164 High Street
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baystate Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. Baystate Health recruits, hires, promotes and transfers qualified persons into all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship status, sex, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military status. Baystate Health, in all its employment actions, also takes affirmative action to achieve prompt and full utilization at all levels and in all segments of the work force of minorities, women, Vietnam-era or disabled veterans, and disabled individuals.